BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
(Assembly and Test Systems)
Growing, successful Assembly and Test Systems company looking for a Business Development Manager to lead it Sales and Application Engineering group. Will work out of home office in Detroit area and be responsible for handling existing accounts and growing new accounts. Hunter Mentality needed. Successful background in Sales and Business Development Strategies, Forecasting and Budgeting, Final Negotiations and Personnel Management. Work closely with Team and Plant located in South East.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering degree preferred) and a secondary degree in a business management, sales, marketing, or related field strongly preferred.
Must have Experience:
• 7-10 years of successful and verifiable experience of strategic selling and negotiation skills in “solution and systems sales” of capital equipment or industrial automation into Automotive clients. (medical or solar experience also, a plus)
• Demonstrated “Hunter” mentality when it comes to identifying prospects and turning them into clients.
• Must demonstrate the drive and motivation to sell and enjoy the challenge of selling in the industrial automation/manufacturing solutions industry.
• Must exhibit self-directness, independence and an extremely proactive approach
• Strong presentation skills in order to present to internal stakeholders and existing and potential clients to sell technical concepts.
• Demonstrated knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and financial principles.
• Must possess an active network of contacts in the relevant markets segment or segments in order to leverage multiple sales opportunities
• Demonstrated ability to lead capture teams.
• Demonstrated effective negotiation skills, representing the company's long-term business requirements on multi-year contracts.
• Must be willing to travel extensively.
• Technical proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.